Friday, April 20, 2012

latest reads.
Journey of a Thousand Miles - Biography of Lang Lang by David Ritz.  Fluffy story of Lang Lang, Chinese pianist. What parents do to ensure their children's success. WOW.

Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver - Slow at first, but slowly this became a very good story. Stong political statements are made by the end, but in the beginning you would have no idea it would take that turn. Another great Kingsolver book. Poisonwood Bible is still among my favs.

Trawler: A Journey Through the North Atlantic - Redmond O'Hanlon.  I can't think of many books I couldnt get through, even when I wanted to quit, I have finished the book. Not this one. I just couldnt do it any more. Longwinded ramblings of sleep deprived fishermen which, as far as I could tell, really had no meaning to the story itself. I gave up on this one.

Lying With the Dead. Micheal Mewshaw. How did I stumble upon this? I am not even sure. It is a great book so far. It has been a while since I have been so wrapped up in a story from the first paragraph. The story is told by three children, one of which killed their dad when they were young.  Heavy at times, fun and lighthearted at times. I am not done yet so I'll add more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment